Your Resume or CV is the key part in your job application since a good CV gives you the opportunity to get an interview. Therefore it is very important to build a CV that is well-written, clear and concise.
Based on our experience reviewing various applications, it is necessary that you include the followings:
Always remember to include the following personal details in your CV:
· Full Name (As per passport)
· Recent Photo (white background)
· Home Address (in your home country)
· Birth date. (Date - Month - Year)
· Current Location Address (if out of home country).
· Home Telephone Number
· Mobile Telephone Number
· At least one email address which you often check for new emails.
· Be sure to include your educational qualification, with most recent attendance down to secondary level education.
· State the inclusive dates as year of graduation.
Employment History / Work Experiences
· Always present your educational qualification history in reverse order, that is to start with your current or most recent work experience then continue in the same reverse order for the next ones.
· For every work experience, mention the following: Company Name, Location or Country, Start Date, End Date and Position you handled.
· The job description/Job details for each experience should be concise, giving important points to the work responsibilities.
Trainings / Courses Attended
Include training or course attended related to your work specialization, mentioning the inclusive dates and place of training.
Special Skills / Technical Skills / Computer Skills
· Mention all other technical skills you know is important for the employers to know and is related to your work.
· Mention your computer knowledge and be specific with the Computer Softwares that you use in your field of work.
Mention languages that you know, Spoken, Read and Written.
We have also some recommendations to help you build a great Resume or CV
Picture or Photo:
Your Photo need to be up to date and Professional look to attract the eyes of the client
Rename the CV or Resume:
Rename your CV with your Full Name ( First , Middle and Last ) to prevent duplicates
Write your CV with simple text fonts and avoid too much colors. Include only important details and give attention to work abilities, achievements and technical knowledge.
In specifying work experiences and educational qualifications, always arrange in reverse order, that is start with the latest or current experience or attendance.
Organize your CV:
Format is important in writing a CV or Resume .Make sure that it is organized, not over crowded, in order, with proper margins, neat spaces and the employers can easily see what is in the CV or Resume. Always mention the most important details first.
Spelling and Grammar:
Always check your spelling and grammar. It is advisable to use the spelling checker of MS Word. It is not impressive that there are wrong spellings and very obvious incorrect grammars in your Resume or CV.
Do not mention irrelevant information, also it is not advisable to list hobbies and other unimportant personal details.
Avoid lengthy paragraphs in your CV. Summarize descriptions in job responsibilities highlighting the scope of work and most impressive achievements.
Don’t use the “References available upon Request” line. This information is obvious so there is no need to mention it. It is best to avoid putting references on your CV or Resume unless you have been specifically asked to provide them.
Using of Abbreviations:
Take caution in using abbreviations since not everybody may know the meaning of the abbreviations that you will use.
Five Continents Technical & Industrial Services Establishment (5CE)
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates