SENIOR CONTROL ENGINEER
Abu Dhabi, UAE
: B.Sc. in Instrumentation or Electronics Engineering
: Any Nationality
: More than 7 years
: Oil & Gas / Petroleum
• Provides specialized technical guidance and support to sustain asset integrity and reliability of Refinery Control equipment, failure analysis of a wide range of instrumentation and associated control systems such as PLCs, DCS,F&G, SCADA, MCM Systems , field instrumentation etc., resolution of repetitive or chronic reliability problems and participation in pilot Reliability Centred Maintenance studies.
• Ensures implementation and utilisation of MAXIMO in Preventive Maintenance, reviews plant additions from reliability and maintainability aspect, and assumes quality assurance role for major maintenance tasks or tasks where there are concerns over standards (in coordination with Area Engineer).
• Ensures optimisation of maintenance strategies, analysis of all critical equipment failures and recommendation for corrective measures, and development and updating of Predictive/ Preventive maintenance programs.
• Develops and implements hi- tech maintenance programs and reliability improvement program recommendations.
• Supports major expansion project by reviewing design basis and scope prior to detailed engineering.
• Develops strategies to update/replace equipment and systems that are obsolete and old. Conducts HSE audits and evaluates systems and procedures from HSE perspective.
Desired Candidate Profile
• B.Sc in Instrumentation or Electronics Engineering.
• 9 years’ experience in installation, maintenance and repair of instrumentation and control systems in areas of DCS, ESD, F&G, PLC, Analysers and MCM, in an oil/gas or petrochemical industry.
• Familiarity with CMMMS (Maximo preferred). Familiarity with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) techniques.
• Good spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of Arabic language is preferable.
• Analytical and precise communication skills.